All employees in workplaces covered by UNW collective agreements pay union dues. But only those who have applied for union membership are full members.
If you sign a membership application you become a full member of the Union. You have the right to:
- Have input into contract negotiations
- Vote on motions, bargaining and strike votes
- Attend Union meetings or training courses
- Receive UNW price discounts on goods and services
- Become a union officer on the local, regional or UNW executive
If you do not sign a membership application card, you remain a "Rand Deductee." Rand deductees must pay union dues but do not enjoy the benefits of membership. Rand deductees are not entitled hold union office or attend local meetings.
Click for a copy of the UNW Application and Self Identification Form (PDF):
Your application form can be printed, then mailed, emailed or faxed to the Union.
The mailing address:
200 - 5112 - 52nd Street
Yellowknife, NT. X1A 3Z5